Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Dear All..

Kindly be informed that ethionet.et, the only internet service provider in Ethiopia, has blocked out all blogs and personal websites from being seen by it's customers in the country. Apparently because our "histan" (means "infant--ile" in amharic--native tongue) government has decided to piss off the guys at "Semnawerq.blogspot.com", one of the websites which it accused of for publishing materials that egnite "hate politics". The case maybe true, especially for the idiots over at Nazareth.com. However, I do not think barring websites (and jamming VOA) from reaching us would help the matter much. It would only make the government look like the blooming fool (and dictator) it has always been; and the last election - a total embarassing-for-all-africans disaster (that we know it to be)!! I wish somebody would tell Meles to grow up! I mean, i really thought the guy actually had brains. I'm not so sure now.

So, anyway, I won't be able to read your comments (and my post for that matter). However, you can still write me at mailto:abesheet@yahoo.com and I'll try to get back to you ASAP. Assuming, ofcourse, that they won't block that out any time soon.

Best wishes to all.

The GodBadUgly

No comments: