Thursday, March 09, 2006

Dear Mr. Man

I am not here so that you can see me. I'm not here so that you can hear me. I'm not here to heighten your sense of smell, touch. Your sense of "importance"!! I'm here for a purpose of my own. A purpose very detached from you. A purpose that would serve me my purpose, and not of winning your approval. I'm here to run my own race and to win my own medal. I'm here to continue, to overcome, to say something new in the sphere. I'm here, not to follow a road (a dream, a wish, an order) of another, but to create another path. A new path! To continue in this path of my own. To create my own dream. To be the boss of my destiny, of my self. I am, I admit, not totally prepared for this path. Not totally unattached. Not totally ready. But I WILL that I maybe. I WILL that the world consider me my own person. A person who isn't here so that you can see me, hear me!

I have been told, or heard from a movie, that the world is like Noah's Arc. That you're useless, unless coupled (with someone else). But how can I be useless without you when I can stand without you?! When I can carry a whole burden on my back, without your help?! When I can draw my strength from my weakness, and bury my agony in my tears?! When I can BE, whilst there was/is no "you" around. When I can manage so much (alone)?!. How can I be useless when I can make such a difference in my absence? And if I matter as a person who isn't there, I should matter when standing alone (here)!. I should matter as an individual. As something apart from you. And if they insist upon me being useless and throw me overboard, I'd swim back to the surface. If they tried to push me down, I'd fight back to remain afloat. I won't let the weight of their pressure, or the pain in my arms weight me down. I will survive. I am a survivor. I've survived thus far in your world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are talking about a natural growing process. It reminds me of my youth, of becoming an adult, a person responsible for her own life and not just being a child in of some family always under the authority of others.

It is right to cut ties to too restrictive past, but one should understand that those ties are usually only in our own mind and not the fault of others. Blaming others (our parents, teachers, God etc.) for our own weakness is wrong. As adults we are indeed responsible for our own life.

A child should gradually grow up, cut too close ties with his parents. and go his own way. But a child should not hurt others like kill his parents in the process. It is not the fault of the parents if a child still feels both very much attached to his family and also needs to cut ties and grow up and that this process cab be very painful.

Growing up is a natural process. If the process goess well, maybe the child and his parents will have a new better relationship after that often painful process, not a relationhip between a child and his parents anymore, but a relationship between too mature adult persons respecting each other and who can accept each other's faults and all the problems of relationhips better.

Isn't that also a way towards mature and balanced love and relationhips beyween two adult persons? Being independent, capable of handling disappointmets, a master of one's own life, and not expecting too much from others anymore. But we can never totally kill our own inner child either, and somewhere inside our heart there is always a need for close relationhips, to have and give love.