Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Left with my thoughts..

A woman's eyes glaze over, in one of P.G. Woodhouse's books, giving the impression that she's thinking deep beautiful thoughts. Quite misleading [continues the writer] because the woman wouldn't know a deep beautiful thought if she saw it on the road [or if you hand it to her on a silver salver with a tartar sauce on it].

Never mind!

One of my "deep beautiful" thoughts popped into my head this morning. I even were tempted to try to put it down on paper--how this friend of this.. narrator was "crying, broken hearted and asked him/her if he or she would have married her if he or she was a guy or not married". The friend would naturally say "ofcourse I will" and she'd either badger him/her with "whys" or she'd sniff in her handkerchief, give the friend a hug, go home and kill herself. Deep, won't you say?

Oh well, maybe not!

And there is the other one about modern women in Ethiopia. How a well read, liberated sister would know what to cook to make her hubby stay home, what to eat and not to eat/drink and not to drink to keep herself fit so that her hubby stays at home and where to find books on how to properly bring her children up. That has a bite, doesn't it?!

I thought so.

And there is Aster [Aweke, the singer] who always make me cry over her "Awey Sew Mehone". If I turned that music on in a dark room and put pen to paper [assuming that I can put pen to paper in the dark and manage to write anything discernable], I think I'd come up with a whole book on the inspiration there from. A sort of biographic novel, or a memoir, or half a dozen "Epistles to God" - accusative and blotched with tears. [Hmm.. Epistles to God, nice!]. Anyway, isn't it amazing, the way Aster laments being "human" [not really inspired right now, will finish that sentence some other time]. I've found it conciliatory in times of trouble and a good excuse for acting like a perfect ass. If ever Aster made a good song, a real song with flesh and blood [and bone, or something metaphoric like that], this song would top them all. She's Awesome! Go Aster, Go! I'm 30 [and single, thus no life] and getting the hang of what you been trying to say all along [with getting stoned on stages, with Jemanesh Solomon and whatnot]. So, yeah, Fuck life and Fuck God.

No comments: